Maybelline Safety Promise
OUR COMMITMENT: SAFE, HIGH PERFORMANCE MAKEUP FOR ALL.
HIGH PERFORMANCE FOR ALL: MADE FOR THE BUSIEST LIFESTYLES AND THE TOUGHEST ENVIRONMENTS
Maybelline products are conceptualized in our headquarters in NYC and we then work with an extensive team of scientists, dermatologists, toxicologists, chemists and make up experts located across our 120 markets worldwide to formulate the products and test them extensively. This ensures we bring you not only the most on trend, innovative products but that they also meet our highest standards in efficacy and quality.
We rigorously check our products for performance driven benefits through extensive testing under a variety of conditions: - For formulations that are developed to be the champions of long-wear, we do extensive testing in simulations of high temperatures and activity – including but not limited to sauna and treadmill tests. - For formulations designed for extreme climates with higher temperatures and increased humidity, specialized tests are carried out in those regions to ensure our products perform under these conditions.
SAFE PRODUCTS, EXPERTLY EVALUATED AND RIGOROUSLY TESTED
All of Maybelline’s products must pass a rigorous expert-led evaluation process led by our world-renowned Research & Innovation facilities to ensure adherence to our safety standards.
1. We have a deep knowledge of raw materials including understanding of their quality and origin thanks to best-in-class scientific data.
2. We work with a variety of experts to thoroughly assess raw materials to ensure their safe use in finished products
3. Next, we perform a variety of product tolerance tests with specialized third-party laboratories and research centers to validate their safety:
- Our products which are allergy-tested and dermatologist-tested are evaluated by independent dermatologists who use dedicated tests on a panel of volunteers to check the absence of allergic reactions when used.
- Eye products are also evaluated by independent ophthalmologists to ensure suitability when used around the eye area.
You can also learn more about what’s in your favorite Maybelline product, visit INSIDE OUR PRODUCTS.
FOR A WORLD WITHOUT ANIMAL TESTING
At Maybelline, we care for animal welfare and do not test on animals. Instead, we practice effective, non-animal ways to ensure the safety of our cosmetic products.
AT THE FOREFRONT OF USING GROUNDBREAKING ALTERNATIVE TESTING METHODS
- Our Maybelline labs carry out testing using reconstructed skin (L’Oreal’s Episkin), which is created with human skin cells to mimic real skin. That way, we can effectively test all of our products before they’re applied to your skin.
- Epi-Skin isn’t the only non-animal method Maybelline uses – we also use digital tools, artificial intelligence, and toxicology modelling.
CONTINUE TO SUPPORT THE ELIMINATION OF ANIMAL TESTING WORLDWIDE
- The L’Oreal Group has been working for over ten years hand-in-hand with authorities and scientists to get non-animal methods recognized, and replace animal testing everywhere in the world, including training many scientists and scientific organizations in how to use non-animal methods for themselves.
WE CONTINUALLY MONITOR FOR YOUR SATISFACTION
Once the product leaves us and hits your make up bag, we are always taking into account your feedback given to us through our consumer care hotlines, social media and user reviews. This allows us to evaluate the quality of our products and make modifications to formulas, ingredients or packaging if needed to ensure you have maximum satisfaction.